SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A San Francisco police shooting has ended with a man being held for questioning in connection with a killing and a carjacking near Golden Gate Park.
Police say a gunman opened fire Friday evening during an argument involving a group of people at the Panhandle edge of the park. A 28-year-old man died and another man had life-threatening injuries.
The gunman then carjacked a Toyota 4Runner.
Shortly after midnight Saturday, the car was spotted about three miles from the shooting scene. It was parked behind a recreational vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Police say people in the RV were ordered out but one man refused and there was a police-involved shooting.
Police tell the San Francisco Chronicle that nobody was hit.
The man was examined at a hospital and taken in for questioning.