PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Philadelphia police say a man is dead after more than two dozen shots were fired at the victim at close range.
Officers found 28 shell casings after gunfire erupted early Wednesday in the city’s Frankford section.
Police say the man was shot in the face, torso and legs. His name has not been released.
Officers are searching for a suspect seen running from the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- UN extends arms embargo on armed groups in volatile Congo
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events