PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to nearly six years in prison for underage sex trafficking.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Washington County Circuit Court Judge Oscar Garcia sentenced Ahmed Turay Jr Thursday.
Turay was arrested in September after authorities arranged a “date” with the 17-year-old Washington girl featured in online prostitution ads on backpage.com.
The Washington County District Attorney’s office says on Sept. 6 undercover officers were waiting when the girl arrived at the arranged time and place in a Mercedes Benz driven by Turay.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘It’s ugly out there’: Rail thefts leave LA tracks littered with pilfered packages
- Eastern U.S. socked by winter storm
Police interviewed her and confirmed she was there for prostitution. She told police that Turay was keeping the money she made and estimated she had made $15,000 to $20,000 over the summer through prostitution activity with Turay.
Turay said at sentencing that he had been “attacked” by the state, and attempted to argue with the judge as the sentence was imposed.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com