TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A man convicted in absentia for a homicide in Tucson 14 years ago has been sentenced to life in prison.
Tucson TV station KOLD reports that 60-year-old Francisco Baez Fuentes was sentenced Monday.
Prosecutors say Fuentes killed 29-year-old Daniel Pacheco, whose body was found near Old Vail Road in 2004.
Fuentes fled before his trial was over and spent more than a decade on the run.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
He was arrested in Mexico by federal agents in October 2017 and returned to Arizona.
Information from: KOLD-TV, http://www.kold.com/