TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A man convicted in absentia for a homicide in Tucson 14 years ago has been sentenced to life in prison.
Tucson TV station KOLD reports that 60-year-old Francisco Baez Fuentes was sentenced Monday.
Prosecutors say Fuentes killed 29-year-old Daniel Pacheco, whose body was found near Old Vail Road in 2004.
Fuentes fled before his trial was over and spent more than a decade on the run.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
He was arrested in Mexico by federal agents in October 2017 and returned to Arizona.
Information from: KOLD-TV, http://www.kold.com/