TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A man convicted in absentia for a homicide in Tucson 14 years ago has been sentenced to life in prison.
Tucson TV station KOLD reports that 60-year-old Francisco Baez Fuentes was sentenced Monday.
Prosecutors say Fuentes killed 29-year-old Daniel Pacheco, whose body was found near Old Vail Road in 2004.
Fuentes fled before his trial was over and spent more than a decade on the run.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
He was arrested in Mexico by federal agents in October 2017 and returned to Arizona.
Information from: KOLD-TV, http://www.kold.com/