TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A man convicted in absentia for a homicide in Tucson 14 years ago has been sentenced to life in prison.
Tucson TV station KOLD reports that 60-year-old Francisco Baez Fuentes was sentenced Monday.
Prosecutors say Fuentes killed 29-year-old Daniel Pacheco, whose body was found near Old Vail Road in 2004.
Fuentes fled before his trial was over and spent more than a decade on the run.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
He was arrested in Mexico by federal agents in October 2017 and returned to Arizona.
Information from: KOLD-TV, http://www.kold.com/