TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A man convicted in absentia for a homicide in Tucson 14 years ago has been sentenced to life in prison.
Tucson TV station KOLD reports that 60-year-old Francisco Baez Fuentes was sentenced Monday.
Prosecutors say Fuentes killed 29-year-old Daniel Pacheco, whose body was found near Old Vail Road in 2004.
Fuentes fled before his trial was over and spent more than a decade on the run.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 29 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
He was arrested in Mexico by federal agents in October 2017 and returned to Arizona.
Information from: KOLD-TV, http://www.kold.com/