NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — A man who pleaded guilty to murder for strangling a woman in her Connecticut condominium last year has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
The Stamford Advocate reports that 44-year-old James Cunningham was sentenced Monday for the June 2016 death of 52-year-old Marian Alexander.
Police say neighbors noticed that the door to Alexander’s Norwalk apartment was open and found her face down with a bag tied around her neck. Her car was also stolen.
Prosecutors say DNA evidence tied Cunningham to the killing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
Cunningham’s attorney said his client has struggled with addiction, but made no excuses for his actions.
Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com