WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man who was driving drunk when he struck and killed a security guard walking home from work has been sentenced to two years in jail.
The Telegram & Gazette reports that 23-year-old Vincent Green, of West Boylston, was sentenced Monday after pleading guilty in the January 2016 death of Frank Jeffrey Call.
Prosecutors say Green had several drinks at two bars and a private home before striking the 56-year-old Call, whose body was found by a Worcester city sanding truck in the early hours of the morning. Green then drove away from the scene.
Investigators used pickup truck debris found at the scene to track down Green.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Green’s attorney says client is remorseful and had a “limited criminal history” in arguing for a lighter sentence.
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com