WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man who was driving drunk when he struck and killed a security guard walking home from work has been sentenced to two years in jail.
The Telegram & Gazette reports that 23-year-old Vincent Green, of West Boylston, was sentenced Monday after pleading guilty in the January 2016 death of Frank Jeffrey Call.
Prosecutors say Green had several drinks at two bars and a private home before striking the 56-year-old Call, whose body was found by a Worcester city sanding truck in the early hours of the morning. Green then drove away from the scene.
Investigators used pickup truck debris found at the scene to track down Green.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Green’s attorney says client is remorseful and had a “limited criminal history” in arguing for a lighter sentence.
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com