WILKINSBURG, Pa. (AP) — Police are asking for help from the public in investigating the homicide of a man found shot to death in an alley in a borough near Pittsburgh.
Allegheny County homicide investigators said emergency responders were notified about an unresponsive man in the Wilkinsburg alley at about 6:40 p.m. Saturday.
The man was found to have gunshot wounds was pronounced at the scene. The Allegheny County medical examiner’s office identified him as 29-year-old Aaron David James of Wilkinsburg.
Police said that shots were reported in the area about three hours before the 911 call about the body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Anyone who heard or saw anything connected with the case is asked to call the county police tip line.