SHAWNEE, Kan. (AP) — A 26-year-old man has pleaded no contest in the killing of a 7-month-old girl in 2015 in suburban Kansas City.
The Kansas City Star reports that Aarson Peck entered the plea Tuesday. Sentencing for the second-degree murder charge is scheduled for Jan. 31.
Peck initially was charged with first-degree murder and child abuse in the death of Analeece McHenry-Widmer. Peck shared an apartment in Shawnee, Kansas, with the girl’s mother.
Prosecutors dismissed the child abuse charge as part of the plea agreement.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com