COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A jury has found a man guilty of all counts in the kidnapping, raping and killing of an Ohio State University student.
Jurors spend five hours deliberating Tuesday before reaching their decision on the charges 30-year-old Brian Golsby faced in the death of Reagan Tokes. Tokes’ family wept as the jury read their verdict on what would have been her 23rd birthday.
Tokes’ body was found in February 2017 at a park in Grove City, about 10 miles (16 kilometers) southwest of Columbus. Police previously said they matched Golsby’s DNA evidence from the woman’s car.
Jurors will meet again Friday to decide of Golsby should receive the death penalty.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
Golsby’s attorney argues he should be spared because he didn’t plan the murder, and instead panicked before shooting Tokes.