COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A jury has found a man guilty of all counts in the kidnapping, raping and killing of an Ohio State University student.
Jurors spend five hours deliberating Tuesday before reaching their decision on the charges 30-year-old Brian Golsby faced in the death of Reagan Tokes. Tokes’ family wept as the jury read their verdict on what would have been her 23rd birthday.
Tokes’ body was found in February 2017 at a park in Grove City, about 10 miles (16 kilometers) southwest of Columbus. Police previously said they matched Golsby’s DNA evidence from the woman’s car.
Jurors will meet again Friday to decide of Golsby should receive the death penalty.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Golsby’s attorney argues he should be spared because he didn’t plan the murder, and instead panicked before shooting Tokes.