BELHAVEN, N.C. (AP) — Deputies say they believe a man found dead on a dirt road on Christmas Eve had been shot.
Beaufort County deputies tell local news outlets they answered a call just after 3 p.m. Sunday, with a driver reporting a body on a dirt road.
Authorities later identified the man as Timothy Moore of Belhaven.
After processing the scene for more than seven hours, investigators say they believe Moore was shot. Officers say they recovered over 30 pieces of physical evidence they believe are related to the death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
- Officer suspended for off-duty actions at abortion protest