PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A body found in the Providence River in Rhode Island earlier this month has been identified as a visitor from Florida.
Police on Monday said the body was that of 64-year-old Robert Santos, of Miami.
Santos was visiting his daughter, who lives in Warwick.
No foul play is suspected but the investigation is continuing into how Santos ended up in the water.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The body was discovered floating in the river near Dyer Avenue on Feb. 17.