PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A body found in the Providence River in Rhode Island earlier this month has been identified as a visitor from Florida.
Police on Monday said the body was that of 64-year-old Robert Santos, of Miami.
Santos was visiting his daughter, who lives in Warwick.
No foul play is suspected but the investigation is continuing into how Santos ended up in the water.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
The body was discovered floating in the river near Dyer Avenue on Feb. 17.