MIDFIELD, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama are investigating after a dead man was found in a vehicle in a police department’s parking lot.
A Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office news release says deputies were called to the Midfield Police Department to investigate the report of a deceased person in the car in the parking lot Friday.
News outlets report that deputies located the man in the passenger seat.
Initial information shows that the driver of the vehicle met with the victim to purchase marijuana. The victim told the driver to pull the vehicle to the dead end of an avenue.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Ex-policeman charged with decades-old serial killings VIEW
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- He froze to death inside a multimillion-dollar town house — and now the state is investigating
- A lynching memorial is opening in Alabama. The country has never seen anything like it
- Recycling innovator Eric Lundgren loses appeal on computer restore discs, must serve 15-month prison term
The driver says an unknown suspect walked up and shot the victim. The driver then drove to the police department for help.