HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas man has been formally sentenced to death after being convicted of killing his wife and daughter.
The Sentinel-Record reports that 57-year-old Eric Reid was sentenced earlier this week in Garland County Circuit Court.
Reid was convicted March 2 of two counts of capital murder in the 2015 fatal shootings of 57-year-old Laura Reid and 32-year-old Mary Ann Reid.
The defense argued that Eric Reid was under mental or emotional stress at the time. Defense attorney Willard Proctor said he plans to file a motion for a new trial.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH
State law mandates that an appeal of the death sentence be filed.
Information from: The Sentinel-Record, http://www.hotsr.com