HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas man has been formally sentenced to death after being convicted of killing his wife and daughter.
The Sentinel-Record reports that 57-year-old Eric Reid was sentenced earlier this week in Garland County Circuit Court.
Reid was convicted March 2 of two counts of capital murder in the 2015 fatal shootings of 57-year-old Laura Reid and 32-year-old Mary Ann Reid.
The defense argued that Eric Reid was under mental or emotional stress at the time. Defense attorney Willard Proctor said he plans to file a motion for a new trial.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
State law mandates that an appeal of the death sentence be filed.
Information from: The Sentinel-Record, http://www.hotsr.com