HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas man has been formally sentenced to death after being convicted of killing his wife and daughter.
The Sentinel-Record reports that 57-year-old Eric Reid was sentenced earlier this week in Garland County Circuit Court.
Reid was convicted March 2 of two counts of capital murder in the 2015 fatal shootings of 57-year-old Laura Reid and 32-year-old Mary Ann Reid.
The defense argued that Eric Reid was under mental or emotional stress at the time. Defense attorney Willard Proctor said he plans to file a motion for a new trial.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Obama delivers veiled rebuke to Trump in Mandela address WATCH
State law mandates that an appeal of the death sentence be filed.
Information from: The Sentinel-Record, http://www.hotsr.com