GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina man who was one of the faces of a dating service for fans of the president has a felony conviction for sex with a child.
News outlets reported Monday that visitors to the Trump Dating website were greeted with images of Jodi and William Barrett Riddleberger. The married couple are conservative activists involved in a Tea Party-inspired political action committee. Their exact role with the dating site catering to supporters of President Donald Trump is unclear.
State records show William Riddleberger was convicted in 1995 of indecent liberties with a child stemming from filming sex with a 15-year-old girl. He was then 25.
He told WRAL-TV that he’s “already paid (his) debt” for that charge. Records show he didn’t serve prison time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology
- Chinese balloon soars across US; Blinken scraps Beijing trip
As of Tuesday morning, the site features a different couple.