TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Police say a man was fatally stabbed and his sister was assaulted in a dispute with another man in an alley in Tucson.
The Tucson Police Department says officers responding to a report of an injured person found 33-year-old Gary Lavier at an intersection early Friday as he was bleeding heavily from stab wounds.
Lavier’s sister also was bleeding from a head injury.
Police say the suspect fled the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- To defend Trump, conservatives smear journalist presumed dead
Police and firefighters provided aid to Lavier, but he later died at a hospital.
The attack took place in an alley, but officers spotted Lavier at the nearby intersection.
The injuries suffered by Lavier’s sister weren’t believed to be life-threatening.