TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Police say a man was fatally stabbed and his sister was assaulted in a dispute with another man in an alley in Tucson.
The Tucson Police Department says officers responding to a report of an injured person found 33-year-old Gary Lavier at an intersection early Friday as he was bleeding heavily from stab wounds.
Lavier’s sister also was bleeding from a head injury.
Police say the suspect fled the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Police and firefighters provided aid to Lavier, but he later died at a hospital.
The attack took place in an alley, but officers spotted Lavier at the nearby intersection.
The injuries suffered by Lavier’s sister weren’t believed to be life-threatening.