DAYTONA BEACH SHORES, Fla. (AP) — Police in Florida say a woman fatally shot her boyfriend by accident while he was teaching her to use a rifle.
The shooting happened early Thursday in their Daytona Beach Shores apartment.
According to the Daytona Beach Shores Police Department, the woman called 911 around 12:30 a.m. and told the dispatcher she unintentionally shot her boyfriend in the leg.
Police say the man was taken to Halifax Hospital in Port Orange where he was declared dead. They detained the woman for questioning but haven’t said whether she’ll face charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
- Omar seeks action over House colleague's remarks on Muslims
Authorities haven’t released the names of the man or the woman.
An investigation continues.