DAYTONA BEACH SHORES, Fla. (AP) — Police in Florida say a woman fatally shot her boyfriend by accident while he was teaching her to use a rifle.
The shooting happened early Thursday in their Daytona Beach Shores apartment.
According to the Daytona Beach Shores Police Department, the woman called 911 around 12:30 a.m. and told the dispatcher she unintentionally shot her boyfriend in the leg.
Police say the man was taken to Halifax Hospital in Port Orange where he was declared dead. They detained the woman for questioning but haven’t said whether she’ll face charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- A humpback whale swallowed a lobster diver whole and spit him out alive: 'It tried to eat me'
Authorities haven’t released the names of the man or the woman.
An investigation continues.