ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a man has been shot and killed at a Father’s Day barbecue attended by dozens of friends and family in upstate New York.
Forty-six-year-old Terrance Roberts was pronounced dead shortly after police responded to reports of gunshots Sunday afternoon. The Times Union of Albany reports that police say the shooting came after some sort of altercation.
Police declined to provide details about potential suspects, saying the investigation is ongoing.
Hours after the shooting, friends and family built a makeshift memorial for Roberts at the site of the shooting.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis