PORTSMOUTH, Va. (AP) — Police say a man has died after being shot inside a fast-food restaurant in Virginia.
Portsmouth police identified the victim as 49-year-old Clayton Thomas of Chesapeake. A police department news release posted on Facebook says Thomas was shot in the upper body Sunday night. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 911 caller reported the shooting around 8:29 p.m. at a Wendy’s restaurant. Further details weren’t immediately available.
The release says there’s no suspect or motive. The investigation is continuing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's what we know about the 'delta-plus' variant, already detected in U.S. and elsewhere
- Scientists expected thawing wetlands in Siberia's permafrost. What they found is 'much more dangerous.'
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Officer dead, suspect killed in violence outside Pentagon
- Passenger arrives taped to his seat after assault of 3 flight attendants