ATLANTA (AP) — A man has been fatally shot by another man after a domestic dispute involving his children’s mother in suburban Atlanta.
Clayton County police Sgt. Ashanti Marbury told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that 40-year-old Troris Murphy was found dead with gunshots wounds in the yard of a townhome on Saturday afternoon. Police say Ernest Watson shot Murphy several times after Murphy physically assaulted the woman.
Authorities described Watson as the live-in boyfriend of Murphy’s children’s mother.
Watson was later arrested and charged with several offenses including felony murder and cruelty to children.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
The newspaper did not report whether he has a lawyer.