ATLANTA (AP) — A man has been fatally shot by another man after a domestic dispute involving his children’s mother in suburban Atlanta.
Clayton County police Sgt. Ashanti Marbury told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that 40-year-old Troris Murphy was found dead with gunshots wounds in the yard of a townhome on Saturday afternoon. Police say Ernest Watson shot Murphy several times after Murphy physically assaulted the woman.
Authorities described Watson as the live-in boyfriend of Murphy’s children’s mother.
Watson was later arrested and charged with several offenses including felony murder and cruelty to children.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
The newspaper did not report whether he has a lawyer.