ATLANTA (AP) — A man has been fatally shot by another man after a domestic dispute involving his children’s mother in suburban Atlanta.
Clayton County police Sgt. Ashanti Marbury told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that 40-year-old Troris Murphy was found dead with gunshots wounds in the yard of a townhome on Saturday afternoon. Police say Ernest Watson shot Murphy several times after Murphy physically assaulted the woman.
Authorities described Watson as the live-in boyfriend of Murphy’s children’s mother.
Watson was later arrested and charged with several offenses including felony murder and cruelty to children.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
The newspaper did not report whether he has a lawyer.