ATLANTA (AP) — A man has been fatally shot by another man after a domestic dispute involving his children’s mother in suburban Atlanta.
Clayton County police Sgt. Ashanti Marbury told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that 40-year-old Troris Murphy was found dead with gunshots wounds in the yard of a townhome on Saturday afternoon. Police say Ernest Watson shot Murphy several times after Murphy physically assaulted the woman.
Authorities described Watson as the live-in boyfriend of Murphy’s children’s mother.
Watson was later arrested and charged with several offenses including felony murder and cruelty to children.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
The newspaper did not report whether he has a lawyer.