TEWKSBURY, Mass. (AP) — A man who faces weapons charges says he was on a classified government mission.
The Lowell Sun reports 59-year-old Francho Bradley of Frisco, Texas told investigators this when he and Adrianne Jennings, 40, were arrested at a Tewksbury, Massachusetts hotel Sunday.
The two are being held without bail after being arraigned Monday in Lowell District Court in connection with a large seizure of weapons at the Residence Inn Sunday.
Bradley called the police while away from the room to say he believed there was a break in and that he had a firearm in his hotel room unsecured. Tewksbury police noticed rifles and later found an AR-15, AK-47, and other devices. The couple had driven from Texas to Massachusetts with the weapons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, trailblazer and champion of liberal priorities, dies at age 90
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
- Proud Boy who disappeared ahead of his Jan. 6 sentencing was found unconscious by agents at his home
They face 40 criminal charges and investigations by many groups, including the Joint Terrorism Task Force, FBI, Massachusetts State Police and local police.
Information from: The (Lowell, Mass.) Sun, http://www.lowellsun.com