GLENVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — Federal authorities say a 36-year-old Schenectady man has pleaded guilty to stealing more than 25 guns from a firearms store.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office says Jose Fontanez admitted that on the night of October 22, 2017, he and an accomplice broke into Target Sports in the Schenectady County town of Glenville. Authorities say the pair took pistols, shotguns and rifles.
The men eventually transported the stolen firearms to Rochester with the help of accomplices.
Fontanez is scheduled to be sentenced in August and faces up to 30 years in prison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 4 journalists and a newspaper are Time's Person of the Year
- 'Truth isn't truth' tops list of notable quotes in 2018