WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man faces a possible death sentence for fatally shooting his estranged wife.
The Palm Beach Post reports that jurors found 39-year-old Elton Taylor guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder and several other charges. The panel will reconvene next week to decide whether Taylor should receive life in prison or execution.
Authorities say 41-year-old Watisha Wallace was at her parents’ West Palm Beach home in October 2013 when Taylor burst in, forced her out of the house at gunpoint and shot her multiple times. Taylor also shot himself but recovered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com