WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man faces a possible death sentence for fatally shooting his estranged wife.
The Palm Beach Post reports that jurors found 39-year-old Elton Taylor guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder and several other charges. The panel will reconvene next week to decide whether Taylor should receive life in prison or execution.
Authorities say 41-year-old Watisha Wallace was at her parents’ West Palm Beach home in October 2013 when Taylor burst in, forced her out of the house at gunpoint and shot her multiple times. Taylor also shot himself but recovered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com