WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man faces a possible death sentence for fatally shooting his estranged wife.
The Palm Beach Post reports that jurors found 39-year-old Elton Taylor guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder and several other charges. The panel will reconvene next week to decide whether Taylor should receive life in prison or execution.
Authorities say 41-year-old Watisha Wallace was at her parents’ West Palm Beach home in October 2013 when Taylor burst in, forced her out of the house at gunpoint and shot her multiple times. Taylor also shot himself but recovered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com