WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man faces a possible death sentence for fatally shooting his estranged wife.
The Palm Beach Post reports that jurors found 39-year-old Elton Taylor guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder and several other charges. The panel will reconvene next week to decide whether Taylor should receive life in prison or execution.
Authorities say 41-year-old Watisha Wallace was at her parents’ West Palm Beach home in October 2013 when Taylor burst in, forced her out of the house at gunpoint and shot her multiple times. Taylor also shot himself but recovered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Warming in Arctic raises fears of 'rapid unraveling’ of the region
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com