FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man who was ejected from a boat has died.
The News-Press of Fort Myers reports that a report from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission said 40-year-old Canaan Johnson was ejected when the 19-foot (6-meter) boat struck a sandbar on Pine Island Sound on Sunday afternoon. Johnson was struck by the boat after the ejection.
The three other people on the boat were not injured.
An accident investigation is ongoing. No further details were available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
Information from: The (Fort Myers, Fla.) News-Press, http://www.news-press.com