GOLDEN, Colo. (AP) — A 45-year-old man drowned while swimming in Clear Creek near Golden.
Golden Police say the man had a rope tied around his waist and had been swimming with family members on Saturday afternoon when he took the rope off and began free swimming.
The family lost sight of him and he was recovered about 28 minutes later in Kayak Park in Golden, which is west of Denver. An off-duty paramedic started CPR and the man was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The man’s name has not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
- ‘Giant backfire’: Trump’s demand for special master is looking like a mistake | Analysis
- Floods trap many in Florida as Ian heads to South Carolina
- FDA announces a new definition of what's ‘healthy’
- Engineer flying inside Hurricane Ian calls it worst flight of his career