ROTONDA WEST, Fla. (AP) — An alligator bit a man who was diving for balls at a Florida golf course.
The Bradenton Herald reports that the attack occurred Friday afternoon at the Rotonda Golf & Country Club.
Charlotte County Fire & EMS spokeswoman Dee Hawkins-Garland says the middle-aged man was underwater in a pond when he felt a bite on his left arm. He was able to free himself, and officials responded to the scene.
The man was airlifted to a Fort Myers hospital as a trauma alert. Officials weren’t immediately releasing the man’s name, and his exact condition wasn’t known.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com