WEEKI WACHEE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man died while diving in a popular underwater network of caves in Florida.
The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office says 53-year-old Davin Brannon was found dead Saturday at the Eagle’s Nest cave-diving site in Weeki Wachee.
The sheriff’s office says deputies and paramedics responded to reports of a diver in distress shortly after noon, and found Brannon dead when they arrived.
Sheriff’s spokesman Michael Terry told WTSP-TV that Brannon, a certified diver, and a friend were barely inside the caves when he experienced a “medical episode.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- AP Exclusive: Adoptee deported by US sues S. Korea, agency
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- How anonymous tweets helped ignite a national controversy over MAGA hat teens
- Nathan Phillips, Native American in standoff with teens, faces scrutiny of his military past
An autopsy is being conducted to determine the cause of death.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, 11 people have died while diving in the caves at Eagle’s Nest since 1981.