WASHINGTON (AP) — Police say a man shot last month by an off-duty officer at Washington’s Union Station has died.
Police in Washington announced in a news release that 25-year-old Rashad Bugg-Bey died Tuesday, weeks after he was shot by an off-duty Baltimore County police officer. Police said the officer saw Bugg-Bey slash a woman outside the Union Station Metro station on Nov. 14. They say Bugg-Bey approached the officer, ignoring his order to drop the knife, and was shot.
Bugg-Bey and the slashed woman were taken to a hospital.
Police spokesman Lt. Sean Conboy did not know the circumstances surrounding Bugg-Bey’s death. Bugg-Bey’s brother told The Washington Post that Bugg-Bey died at his brother’s home in Maryland and an autopsy was to be performed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- Prosecutors say the 'QAnon Shaman' left an ominous note for Mike Pence during riot
- Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
- EXPLAINER: What's next after House impeachment vote
- Trump opens habitat of northern spotted owl to timber harvesting