WASHINGTON (AP) — Police say a man shot last month by an off-duty officer at Washington’s Union Station has died.
Police in Washington announced in a news release that 25-year-old Rashad Bugg-Bey died Tuesday, weeks after he was shot by an off-duty Baltimore County police officer. Police said the officer saw Bugg-Bey slash a woman outside the Union Station Metro station on Nov. 14. They say Bugg-Bey approached the officer, ignoring his order to drop the knife, and was shot.
Bugg-Bey and the slashed woman were taken to a hospital.
Police spokesman Lt. Sean Conboy did not know the circumstances surrounding Bugg-Bey’s death. Bugg-Bey’s brother told The Washington Post that Bugg-Bey died at his brother’s home in Maryland and an autopsy was to be performed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Despite Trump attacks, both parties vow orderly election WATCH
- Massive genetic study shows coronavirus mutating and potentially evolving amid rapid U.S. spread
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- 3 accused of creating man cave under Grand Central Terminal