WASHINGTON (AP) — Police say a man shot last month by an off-duty officer at Washington’s Union Station has died.
Police in Washington announced in a news release that 25-year-old Rashad Bugg-Bey died Tuesday, weeks after he was shot by an off-duty Baltimore County police officer. Police said the officer saw Bugg-Bey slash a woman outside the Union Station Metro station on Nov. 14. They say Bugg-Bey approached the officer, ignoring his order to drop the knife, and was shot.
Bugg-Bey and the slashed woman were taken to a hospital.
Police spokesman Lt. Sean Conboy did not know the circumstances surrounding Bugg-Bey’s death. Bugg-Bey’s brother told The Washington Post that Bugg-Bey died at his brother’s home in Maryland and an autopsy was to be performed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘Needle spiking’ of women in Britain stirs alarm over new kind of assault
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- California travel blogger among 2 killed in Mexico's Tulum