MIDDLETOWN, Del. (AP) — According to court documents, a teenager who was charged with several offenses including first-degree murder told authorities he had tried to help the dying victim before returning to his Delaware home.
According to court records, the teenager got into a fight with Todd Dorn before 8:30 p.m. Sunday in front of the boy’s residence.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports Dorn announced he was done fighting, drew a handgun and pointed it to the ground.
Documents state that the teenager advised that he knew Dorn was going to kill him, so he returned to his residence to get his grandfather’s gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
The boy returned outside and confronted the victim by pointing the gun at him. The weapon discharged, striking Dorn in the chest.
The Associated Press doesn’t typically identify juveniles.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com