WAITSFIELD, Vt. (AP) — Firefighters say an 83-year-old Vermont man has died in a house fire.
Firefighters say Barbara and John King were awakened by a smoke-filled house in Waitsfield early Wednesday. They said 75-year-old Barbara King left the house while her husband remained inside, presumably to find the source of the fire.
They said John King was unable to make it out. He was found dead on the first floor.
Firefighters say the origin of the fire was in the basement, but the cause wasn’t known. The fire is not considered suspicious.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW