WAITSFIELD, Vt. (AP) — Firefighters say an 83-year-old Vermont man has died in a house fire.
Firefighters say Barbara and John King were awakened by a smoke-filled house in Waitsfield early Wednesday. They said 75-year-old Barbara King left the house while her husband remained inside, presumably to find the source of the fire.
They said John King was unable to make it out. He was found dead on the first floor.
Firefighters say the origin of the fire was in the basement, but the cause wasn’t known. The fire is not considered suspicious.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says