WAITSFIELD, Vt. (AP) — Firefighters say an 83-year-old Vermont man has died in a house fire.
Firefighters say Barbara and John King were awakened by a smoke-filled house in Waitsfield early Wednesday. They said 75-year-old Barbara King left the house while her husband remained inside, presumably to find the source of the fire.
They said John King was unable to make it out. He was found dead on the first floor.
Firefighters say the origin of the fire was in the basement, but the cause wasn’t known. The fire is not considered suspicious.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers