ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska State Troopers say a 63-year-old Houston man has died in a crash on the Parks Highway.
Charles Roney was pronounced dead at the scene of the Tuesday afternoon crash in Houston.
Troopers say Roney was heading south on the highway when his Jeep Cherokee veered off the road and struck several mailboxes before landing near trees.
According to troopers, Roney was not wearing a seat belt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror