ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska State Troopers say a 63-year-old Houston man has died in a crash on the Parks Highway.
Charles Roney was pronounced dead at the scene of the Tuesday afternoon crash in Houston.
Troopers say Roney was heading south on the highway when his Jeep Cherokee veered off the road and struck several mailboxes before landing near trees.
According to troopers, Roney was not wearing a seat belt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that survived California wildfire and guarded home for weeks is reunited with owner WATCH
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Michelle Obama lights up Internet with frank criticism of Facebook exec's 'lean in' mantra
- Pence aide out of running to be Trump's next chief of staff VIEW
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine