ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska State Troopers say a 63-year-old Houston man has died in a crash on the Parks Highway.
Charles Roney was pronounced dead at the scene of the Tuesday afternoon crash in Houston.
Troopers say Roney was heading south on the highway when his Jeep Cherokee veered off the road and struck several mailboxes before landing near trees.
According to troopers, Roney was not wearing a seat belt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- 4 Americans among 5 dead in Costa Rica rafting accident
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- Hurricane Willa a Category 4 storm in Pacific off Mexico