ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska State Troopers say a 63-year-old Houston man has died in a crash on the Parks Highway.
Charles Roney was pronounced dead at the scene of the Tuesday afternoon crash in Houston.
Troopers say Roney was heading south on the highway when his Jeep Cherokee veered off the road and struck several mailboxes before landing near trees.
According to troopers, Roney was not wearing a seat belt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW