SPIRIT LAKE, IOWA (AP) — A man has died after crashing his pickup truck near a northwestern Iowa lake during a police chase.
The Sioux City Journal reports that 26-year-old Colton Baschke, of Spirit Lake, died in the Tuesday crash.
Officials say the crash happened after Spirit Lake police initiated a traffic stop of Baschke’s pickup around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. Police say Baschke sped away, and police soon lost him. The truck was found a short time later after it had traveled through a yard, hit a small utility shed and come to rest of the East Okoboji Lake shore.
Police say Baschke was thrown from the truck from the vehicle. He later died at a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
The crash is being investigated by the Iowa State Patrol.
Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com