PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man found injured in a downtown shooting has died.
Portland Police told The Oregonian/OregonLive that the man shot was identified as 30-year-old Ellante Davone Williams of Portland.
The Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office determined Williams died from a gunshot injury.
The gunfire erupted late Sunday afternoon, just northwest of the Morrison Bridge. Williams was found in a vehicle parked at an intersection.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Officers arrested 24-year-old Aaron Drake Birt a few streets from the scene. He’s been booked into jail on a charge of murder as well as a parole violation for a previous conviction of robbery.
This story has been updated to show police correcting suspect’s last name to Birt, not Brit.