PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man found injured in a downtown shooting has died.
Portland Police told The Oregonian/OregonLive that the man shot was identified as 30-year-old Ellante Davone Williams of Portland.
The Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office determined Williams died from a gunshot injury.
The gunfire erupted late Sunday afternoon, just northwest of the Morrison Bridge. Williams was found in a vehicle parked at an intersection.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
Officers arrested 24-year-old Aaron Drake Birt a few streets from the scene. He’s been booked into jail on a charge of murder as well as a parole violation for a previous conviction of robbery.
This story has been updated to show police correcting suspect’s last name to Birt, not Brit.