PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man found injured in a downtown shooting has died.
Portland Police told The Oregonian/OregonLive that the man shot was identified as 30-year-old Ellante Davone Williams of Portland.
The Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office determined Williams died from a gunshot injury.
The gunfire erupted late Sunday afternoon, just northwest of the Morrison Bridge. Williams was found in a vehicle parked at an intersection.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Officers arrested 24-year-old Aaron Drake Birt a few streets from the scene. He’s been booked into jail on a charge of murder as well as a parole violation for a previous conviction of robbery.
This story has been updated to show police correcting suspect’s last name to Birt, not Brit.