PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man found injured in a downtown shooting has died.
Portland Police told The Oregonian/OregonLive that the man shot was identified as 30-year-old Ellante Davone Williams of Portland.
The Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office determined Williams died from a gunshot injury.
The gunfire erupted late Sunday afternoon, just northwest of the Morrison Bridge. Williams was found in a vehicle parked at an intersection.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Officers arrested 24-year-old Aaron Drake Birt a few streets from the scene. He’s been booked into jail on a charge of murder as well as a parole violation for a previous conviction of robbery.
This story has been updated to show police correcting suspect’s last name to Birt, not Brit.