DURANGO, Colo. (AP) — A 31-year-old man died of injuries suffered when he fell while hiking north of Durango.
LaPlata County Coroner Jann Smith says Phillip Clark of Durango was hiking with a friend on Animas City Mountain when they stopped at the end of a trail to take some pictures at about noon Sunday.
Smith says Clark was holding onto a ledge when it gave way.
County search and rescue director Butch Knowlton says Clark fell between 20 and 25 feet (6 and 7 meters). Knowlton says it took some time for ground crews to reach Clark, who was flown to the hospital at about 4 p.m. Sunday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
- ‘Giant backfire’: Trump’s demand for special master is looking like a mistake | Analysis
- Floods trap many in Florida as Ian heads to South Carolina
- Trump records probe: Tensions flare over special master
- FDA announces a new definition of what's ‘healthy’
Smith says Clark died early Monday.
Information from: Durango Herald, http://www.durangoherald.com