LODGE GRASS, Mont. (AP) — A fatal officer-involved shooting is under investigation in Lodge Grass.
Mayor Quincy Dabney tells KULR-TV that a Bureau of Indian Affairs officer shot and killed a man Sunday night.
The BIA declined to confirm witness accounts that the man was shot several times.
Dabney notes residents of Lodge Grass and the Crow Indian Reservation are still healing from a triple murder last August.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How FedEx cut its tax bill to $0
- How a CIA analyst, alarmed by Trump's shadow foreign policy, triggered an impeachment inquiry VIEW
- Immigration jails in Trump era are packed, but deportations are fewer than in Obama's
- ‘Absolutely no mercy’: Leaked files show China’s mass detentions in officials’ own words
- Police: Home in California backyard shooting was targeted VIEW
Information from: KULR-TV, http://www.kulr8.com