LODGE GRASS, Mont. (AP) — A fatal officer-involved shooting is under investigation in Lodge Grass.
Mayor Quincy Dabney tells KULR-TV that a Bureau of Indian Affairs officer shot and killed a man Sunday night.
The BIA declined to confirm witness accounts that the man was shot several times.
Dabney notes residents of Lodge Grass and the Crow Indian Reservation are still healing from a triple murder last August.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A crisis that began with an image of police violence keeps providing more
- Yakima 'moving in the wrong direction' as coronavirus hospitalizations spike
- The pandemic is testing the generosity of America's billionaires: A survey of the 50 richest Americans looks at who has given and who hasn't
- In Idaho, armed white vigilantes mobilized for antifa protests that never occurred
- Florida woman discovers alligators fighting by her home
Information from: KULR-TV, http://www.kulr8.com