MASSILLON, Ohio (AP) — A man has been killed at a museum construction site in Ohio after he was pinned underneath the wheel of a semitruck.
The Repository reports the man was identified as 76-year-old Robert Halter. Police say Halter was either loading or fastening chains on a semitrailer at the Massillon Museum site Monday when the driver pulled away and struck him.
First responders were called to the scene around 8:30 a.m. and worked to free the man from the truck. He was eventually taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Officials say Halter had been at the construction site delivering equipment so demolition could begin.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm
The museum’s Executive Director Alexandra Nicholis Coon has sent sympathy for the man’s family, but is declining to comment further.
Information from: The Repository, http://www.cantonrep.com