MCGRANN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman says she left her house only minutes before a truck drove through it, killing the driver.
Gayle Weaver told WXPI-TV she thinks it was a miracle that she wasn’t home at the time of the crash Tuesday evening.
Investigators say 77-year-old John Marcinek lost control and crashed into Weaver’s home in Manor Township, Armstrong County, leaving large holes on both sides.
Marcinek was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No one else was home at the time of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
Fire officials have deemed Weaver’s home as structurally unsound. It will be torn down.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
This story has been corrected to show the dateline is McGrann, not Lancaster.