MCGRANN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman says she left her house only minutes before a truck drove through it, killing the driver.
Gayle Weaver told WXPI-TV she thinks it was a miracle that she wasn’t home at the time of the crash Tuesday evening.
Investigators say 77-year-old John Marcinek lost control and crashed into Weaver’s home in Manor Township, Armstrong County, leaving large holes on both sides.
Marcinek was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No one else was home at the time of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
Fire officials have deemed Weaver’s home as structurally unsound. It will be torn down.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
This story has been corrected to show the dateline is McGrann, not Lancaster.