MCGRANN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman says she left her house only minutes before a truck drove through it, killing the driver.
Gayle Weaver told WXPI-TV she thinks it was a miracle that she wasn’t home at the time of the crash Tuesday evening.
Investigators say 77-year-old John Marcinek lost control and crashed into Weaver’s home in Manor Township, Armstrong County, leaving large holes on both sides.
Marcinek was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No one else was home at the time of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Oregon college safety officer pleads guilty to killing woman
Fire officials have deemed Weaver’s home as structurally unsound. It will be torn down.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
This story has been corrected to show the dateline is McGrann, not Lancaster.