MCGRANN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman says she left her house only minutes before a truck drove through it, killing the driver.
Gayle Weaver told WXPI-TV she thinks it was a miracle that she wasn’t home at the time of the crash Tuesday evening.
Investigators say 77-year-old John Marcinek lost control and crashed into Weaver’s home in Manor Township, Armstrong County, leaving large holes on both sides.
Marcinek was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No one else was home at the time of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Italy: Bus driver abducts 51 children, sets vehicle on fire
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Wealthy parents in admissions scandal under intense pressure to make deals. Here's why
Fire officials have deemed Weaver’s home as structurally unsound. It will be torn down.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
This story has been corrected to show the dateline is McGrann, not Lancaster.