SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (AP) — Authorities say a man has died after coming into contact with a power line in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.
The body of a 29-year-old man was found Tuesday on a private road off Route 1. A 911 caller told police a man had been electrocuted while working in a bucket lift.
National Grid says it cut off power to the area after a “member of the public” came into contact with a wire. The company says it is cooperating with investigators.
The man’s name has not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump Promotes Posts From Racist Twitter Feed
- Wealthiest hospitals — including Providence Health System — got billions in bailout for struggling health providers
- COVID-19 is deadliest where Democrats live, adding to nation's strife
- Undersea explorers find wreck of USS Nevada, the ship that almost escaped Pearl Harbor
- When can I see my grandkids? Here's some advice.