ELM CITY, N.C. (AP) — A man has died after he stepped in front of a train in North Carolina.
Local media outlets report the man was struck by a freight train around 8 p.m. Tuesday in Elm City in Wilson County.
The man’s name has not been released yet.
No other details were immediately available. The crash was still under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Staten Island man found a safe with cash in his backyard — then things got weird
- MH370 experts think they've finally solved the mystery of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight
- The princes, the president and the fortune seekers
- What is lava haze? A look at Hawaii's latest volcanic hazard VIEW
- Judge orders Vancouver, Wash., teen to start paying off $37M for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire