ELM CITY, N.C. (AP) — A man has died after he stepped in front of a train in North Carolina.
Local media outlets report the man was struck by a freight train around 8 p.m. Tuesday in Elm City in Wilson County.
The man’s name has not been released yet.
No other details were immediately available. The crash was still under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks