ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police have released the name of a man found dead of a gunshot wound in a car of the city’s south side.
Police say 28-year-old Jacob Stough was shot Friday night in his upper body in one of three weekend shootings.
Witnesses spotted a car blocking traffic and found Stough dead inside. Police say he was targeted and the shooting is related to drugs.
At around 3 a.m. Sunday, police took calls of shots fired in a parking lot in on the Old Seward Highway. Two adults with gunshot wounds, including one person with life-threatening injuries, were transported to a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Shortly before 5:30 a.m. Sunday, police investigated a shooting on west 88th Avenue. Investigators determined a man at a party was shot in the lower body.