THOMPSON, N.D. (AP) — A 57-year-old man is dead after the pickup and trailer he was operating were rear-ended by a semitrailer on Interstate 29 in Grand Forks County.
The Highway Patrol says the pickup and trailer were pushed into the ditch and caught fire. The crash happened about 3 miles north of Thompson, shortly after 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The victim died at the scene. His name wasn’t immediately released.
The driver of the semitrailer wasn’t hurt. The patrol says the semi was hauling cattle, but none were injured or became loose.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Troops stormed a prison. They found inmates had built a luxury resort.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Florida school district orders removal of all books with gay characters before slightly backing off
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
- House Republicans make their case for Biden impeachment inquiry at first hearing