FRANKLIN, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a man is dead after being shot by a North Carolina sheriff’s deputy.
Macon County Sheriff Robert Holland tells local media outlets that a deputy was called to a home on Sunday because of a fight between neighbors.
Holland says the deputy was confronted by someone who had a gun. The sheriff says the deputy opened fire on the suspect, killing him.
Officials haven’t released other information, including the names and races of those involved. The State Bureau of Investigation is investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events