DENVER (AP) — A jury has convicted a suburban Denver man of fatally shooting his estranged wife in the head in front of their 13-year-old son.
The Denver Post reported Thursday that 44-year-old Yury Sudakov, of Centennial, was found guilty Thursday of first-degree murder in the Feb. 18, 2017, death of 40-year-old Svetlana Igolkin. He will be sentenced to life in prison.
Prosecutors say the couple were arguing over finances before Sudakov retrieved a handgun from a shelf in the garage. He then went to Igolkin’s bedroom, where she was watching a movie with her son asleep beside her, and shot her four times in the head at close range.
Sudakov then shot himself in the chest and threw the gun in the yard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Here's where all the cases against Trump stand as he campaigns for a return to the White House
- 28 years ago, a book club began reading a novel. It's finally reached the end
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
He was arrested after a three-day hospital stay.
Information from: The Denver Post, http://www.denverpost.com