DENVER (AP) — A jury has convicted a suburban Denver man of fatally shooting his estranged wife in the head in front of their 13-year-old son.
The Denver Post reported Thursday that 44-year-old Yury Sudakov, of Centennial, was found guilty Thursday of first-degree murder in the Feb. 18, 2017, death of 40-year-old Svetlana Igolkin. He will be sentenced to life in prison.
Prosecutors say the couple were arguing over finances before Sudakov retrieved a handgun from a shelf in the garage. He then went to Igolkin’s bedroom, where she was watching a movie with her son asleep beside her, and shot her four times in the head at close range.
Sudakov then shot himself in the chest and threw the gun in the yard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm
He was arrested after a three-day hospital stay.
Information from: The Denver Post, http://www.denverpost.com