FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man who caused a fatal crash during what police called a fit of road rage has been sentenced to up to 2 ½ years in jail.
The Taunton Daily Gazette reports that 52-year-old Joseph Arraiol was sentenced last week after he was found guilty of motor vehicle homicide for the 2015 crash on Route 44 in Raynham.
Police say Arraiol cut in front of 23-year-old Samantha Kewer and slammed on his brakes. They say Kewer lost control of her vehicle and slammed head-on into a car driven by 32-year-old Jarod Gagnon, who died.
Police say Arraiol and Kewer had been chasing each other at speeds of up to 70 mph before the crash. Kewer was convicted in February and sentenced to one year in jail.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm
Information from: Taunton (Mass.) Daily Gazette, http://www.tauntongazette.com