KENTLAND, Ind. (AP) — An Indiana man has been convicted of murder in the 2016 stabbing deaths of three people during what authorities said was a robbery.
WLFI-TV reports a jury returned the verdict Wednesday in the case of Derrick Cardosi. He could face life in prison without parole when sentenced.
The victims’ bodies were found stabbed multiple times in a home in Sumava Resorts on Aug. 28, 2016. The unincorporated community is about 35 miles (55 kilometers) south of Gary in northwestern Indiana.
The victim were 20-year-old Justin L. Babbs, 23-year-old Richard Thomas and 39-year-old Kimberly Spears.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments
Babbs’ father, Rick Babbs, says the guilty verdict in his son’s slaying is “something good out of this mess.”
Cardosi’s co-defendant, Sebastian Wedding, pleaded guilty last year in a deal with prosecutors. He was sentenced to 55 years in prison.
Information from: WLFI-TV, http://www.wlfi.com/