WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man authorities say stabbed a woman 19 times and left her to die on the street has been convicted of first-degree murder.
The Telegram & Gazette reports that a jury Friday found 28-year-old Pedro Solis guilty of fatally stabbing Cherise Hill in Worcester in December 2015.
Prosecutors say Solis wanted the 31-year-old mother of three dead because she had seen him stab a man days earlier, and feared she would report him to police.
Solis faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH
Another man who police say participated in the attack on Hill testified against Solis and in exchange will be allowed to plead guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.
Solis’ lawyer says his client was “an innocent man” who had been falsely accused.
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com