FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities say a man who threw a deadly punch during a bar fight last week has turned himself in.
The Bristol County district attorney’s office says 27-year-old Pholla Mao will be arraigned on a manslaughter charge Monday afternoon in Fall River District Court.
Fall River police had responded to a report of a fight at a bar early Friday. They found 37-year-old Bryce Sabol, and took him to an area hospital.
Sabol was then transferred to Rhode Island Hospital, where he died on Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Joe Manchin's machinations reach a crescendo as he distances himself from his party while cutting deals on its agenda — all in public view
- In Idaho, 49th in U.S. COVID vaccination, one county stands out as success story
- Alec Baldwin berates daughter, 11
- Some fast-food items contain chemicals linked to serious health problems, study shows
- Men shot by Kyle Rittenhouse can be called 'rioters' and 'looters' but not 'victims,' judge rules
Authorities say an investigation revealed Sabol and another man had gotten into a verbal argument that moved outside. As Sabol and the man fought, witnesses reported seeing Mao allegedly approach Sabol from the side and punch him once in the head.
It wasn’t immediately clear whether Mao has an attorney.