BOSTON — A Massachusetts man has been charged with posting on an FBI website that he planned to kill President Barack Obama.
Twenty-eight-year-old Andrew O’Keefe, of Mansfield, has been charged with a felony count of posting an online threat against the president. He made an initial appearance Monday in U.S. District Court in Boston and was ordered held in custody.
According to court documents, when law enforcement officers tried to interview O’Keefe regarding the May 13 posting, he refused to speak with officers outside his home. Authorities say more than 100 weapons were found at his home and in his vehicle, including swords, double-edged knives, hatchets and spears.
He faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison if convicted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Despite Trump attacks, both parties vow orderly election WATCH
- Massive genetic study shows coronavirus mutating and potentially evolving amid rapid U.S. spread
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- 2 Louisville officers shot amid Breonna Taylor protests VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
O’Keefe’s attorney didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment.