BOSTON — A Massachusetts man has been charged with posting on an FBI website that he planned to kill President Barack Obama.
Twenty-eight-year-old Andrew O’Keefe, of Mansfield, has been charged with a felony count of posting an online threat against the president. He made an initial appearance Monday in U.S. District Court in Boston and was ordered held in custody.
According to court documents, when law enforcement officers tried to interview O’Keefe regarding the May 13 posting, he refused to speak with officers outside his home. Authorities say more than 100 weapons were found at his home and in his vehicle, including swords, double-edged knives, hatchets and spears.
He faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison if convicted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- EXPLAINER: What's next after House impeachment vote
- Prosecutors say the 'QAnon Shaman' left an ominous note for Mike Pence during riot
- Trump opens habitat of northern spotted owl to timber harvesting
- Republican lawmakers accused of giving Capitol tours to insurrectionists
O’Keefe’s attorney didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment.