BOSTON — A Massachusetts man has been charged with posting on an FBI website that he planned to kill President Barack Obama.
Twenty-eight-year-old Andrew O’Keefe, of Mansfield, has been charged with a felony count of posting an online threat against the president. He made an initial appearance Monday in U.S. District Court in Boston and was ordered held in custody.
According to court documents, when law enforcement officers tried to interview O’Keefe regarding the May 13 posting, he refused to speak with officers outside his home. Authorities say more than 100 weapons were found at his home and in his vehicle, including swords, double-edged knives, hatchets and spears.
He faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison if convicted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- Beneath Biden’s folksy demeanor, a short fuse and an obsession with details
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Why is COVID-19 killing so many young children in Brazil? Doctors are baffled
- Some aren't ready to give up masks despite new CDC guidance
O’Keefe’s attorney didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment.