HUDSON, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida man shot a young boy with an airsoft gun as punishment.
News outlets report that 36-year-old Mark Cox was arrested Sunday and charged with child abuse.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office says a witness told deputies that Cox purposely shot the 4-year-old child with plastic pellets because he wouldn’t sit down after his mother told him to do so. The sheriff’s office says the pellets left marks on the boy’s neck, but the injuries weren’t considered serious.
Deputies say Cox admitted to pulling the trigger but said he thought the gun was broken.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm
Cox was being held on $5,000 bail. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.